Love Letter from a Toy to a Grown Up Boy
Dear Grown Up Kid,
Hi! How have you been? It’s been years since I last saw you. You’ve probably forgotten about me. I guess it’s true what they say – that toys are outgrown and left behind.
For all its worth, should you ever come back, I hope you can read this. All I would like to do is thank you for 10 things:
- Thank you for setting me free of that stuffy box I was put in. I thought I would never get out.
- Thank you for the huge smile on your face when you first laid eyes on me. Never have I felt so special.
- Thank you for letting me sleep beside you. I was afraid of the dark. I never felt so safe.
- Thank you for proudly introducing me to your friends. I don’t have much friends, you see. As a toy, I only had you.
- Thank you for protecting me from the “big bad guys” when I was weak. You made me want to become stronger and better.
- Thank you for teaching me how to fight back and conquer any obstacle that I faced. Because of you, I never gave up. And I never will.
- Thank you for making me a hero. My biggest dream was to defeat all the villains. With you, I felt invincible. I kicked all their butts.
- Thank you for tending to my wounds. There were times when I was battered and beat up. You picked me up and helped me to my feet.
- Thank you for sharing your stories and secrets. Don’t worry, they are safe with me. My lips are sealed.
- Thank you for being my best friend. Always.
Though I may not see you anymore, know that I will forever be yours.